Lina is a two-time Concordia graduate with Master's degrees in Educational Studies (2020) and Media Studies (2007). She has worked in the field of education for ten years in various capacities – as an university instructor, educator and tutor for high school and elementary school students, workshop facilitator for adult learners, administrator, researcher and writer. Her research interests concern literacy, alternative forms of education and the cultural dynamics of language, particularly as they play out in the field of publishing and in the book as an object.
Sessions in which Lina Shoumarova participates
Sessions in which Lina Shoumarova attends
- Welcome Remarks, followed by Keynote Address: The Importance of a Plurilingual Approach in English-Speaking Higher Education for Language Vitality and Identity Validation
- 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM | 1 hour
- Welcome remarks:Lorraine O'Donnell, Research Associate, QUESCREN; Affiliate Assistant Professor, Sch...
- Session 3B: Panel Discussion: Adapting Literacy Services: Considerations for Reaching Vulnerable Populations in Times of Crisis
- 3:20 PM - 4:10 PM | 50 minutes
- Moderator: Laura Thompson, Project Manager, Literacy Quebec Speakers:Margo Leg...
- Keynote Address: Online Education - The Experience of the Quebec Board of Black Educators
- 12:30 PM - 1:20 PM | 50 minutes
- Alix Adrien, President, Quebec Board of Black EducatorsOnline Education - The Experience of the Quebec Board ...