Nick Salter is an experienced leader and strategist with expertise in public policy, communications, and engagement. He is currently the Executive Director of the Provincial Employment Roundtable, a non-profit policy, research, and engagement organization that focuses on the employment challenges and opportunities of Quebec's English-speaking communities.
Prior to directing the Provincial Employment Roundtable, Nick helped launch and build McGill University's Max Bell School of Public Policy. Before that, he worked in open government and open data as Director of Policy and Communications at Powered by Data. Nick has also been involved in federal politics — leading the team of a Member of Parliament and advising teams at a regional level.
Nick's involvement in the public, social, and nonprofit sectors dates to 2008. He has worked with foundations, boards, community organizations, health and social services, higher education institutions, and multiple levels of government.
He holds an MSW in International and Community Development, a BA in Psychology, and a Graduate Certificate in Public Relations Management. Nick is also a past fellow of the McGill Institute for Health and Social Policy.
Sessions in which Nicholas Salter participates
- Session 2C: Retaining College Students and Graduates
- 2:00 PM - 2:50 PM | 50 minutes
- Moderator: Nicholas Salt...
Sessions in which Nicholas Salter attends
- Welcome Remarks, followed by Keynote Address: The Importance of a Plurilingual Approach in English-Speaking Higher Education for Language Vitality and Identity Validation
- 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM | 1 hour
- Welcome remarks:Lorraine O'Donnell, Research Associate, QUESCREN; Affiliate Assistant Professor, Sch...
- Session 5C: Panel Discussion: Protecting the Vitality of the English-Speaking Community in Québec: The Role of the School
- 1:50 PM - 2:40 PM | 50 minutes
- Session 6A: Adult Education, Vocational Training and Work-Integrated Learning
- 3:10 PM - 4:00 PM | 50 minutes
- Moderator: Ghada Sfeir, Researcher-Member, QUESCREN, Concordia University