Here is the list of the most frequently asked questions, organized by the following topics:
- Registration Ticket
- Editing your Profile
- Attending Sessions
- Technical Requirements
- What is included in my ticket?
Registering for the 10th Annual SALTISE Conference includes all access to the virtual event space, which contains all online sessions and social opportunities in the period from June 2nd to June 4th, 2021. Please note that you will have to register to the workshops separately.
- I registered but haven’t received a confirmation. What should I do?
You should receive a confirmation receipt by email immediately after your transaction is completed. If you do not see the email in your inbox, then please be sure to check your spam folder in case our email got flagged as spam.
- How do I log in to the event site?
Please be sure you have registered to attend the conference. Once you have checked out a registration ticket, you may log in here.
Editing your Profile
- How do I create or modify my profile information and upload my picture?
- Login to the virtual conference space to edit/update your profile, and to upload your picture.
- Click on the icon (at the top right-hand corner of your screen), the menu list will appear with your name at the top.
- Click on your name to access your profile.
- To upload your picture:
- In My Profile, click on Select Image. You will be prompted to drop files here, paste or browse.
- Choose the method of your preference - drop your picture, paste it or browse it from your computer. Your picture will be added to your profile.
- Make sure to click Saveto complete the upload (it’s at the bottom of the page); otherwise, changes will not be uploaded on the conference website.
- By default, the system will share information about yourself with other attendees by filling in and publishing your profile in the menu Attendees.
- If you do not want your profile not to appear in the Attendees list, you may disable the public profile in My Settings.
- How can I access the complete presentation and session content?
While much of the schedule is public, the critical links to the live content are only visible on the conference date and time once you have logged in to the event site. You will be able to join a virtual session on the date and time indicated in the schedule. Note that the Join Virtual Session button will only appear approx. 30 minutes prior to the scheduled session start time.
- How can I access the complete session content?
When the conference concludes, the session recordings will be available in the virtual event space; however, it will only be accessible to registered attendees after logging into the site for approx. 1 month post-conference. Some recorded sessions will also be publicly available on the SALTISE YouTube channel.
- What do I do if I can’t see the presentation or hear the speaker?Make sure you are logged in first as the session links are available to registered conference attendees only. Once logged in the event site, click on the virtual Join Session button in the appropriate session/date/time.
- How can I interact with other event attendees?
You will have the opportunity to join the social get together activities part of the programming. Be sure to add them to your schedule by favoriting them (clicking on the heart icon). You may also check out the speakers and attendees list to make connections: throughout the conference dates, feel free to utilize the Messaging chatto send text messages to all conference attendees or to a specific member of the Conference Community.
- What should I do if I experience a technical issue at the conference?
You can go to our virtual Help Desk, where one of our volunteers will assist you. Alternatively, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org- My question is not listed above. Now what?
Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know how we may assist you.
- What are the technical requirements I should follow to guarantee an optimal virtual experience?
1. Login from a desktop or laptop computer
NOTE: Our conference platform is not designed to work well on a mobile platform, especially a smartphone.
2. Connect with a stable internet connection: preferably use the latest modern versions of the following internet browser:
- Chrome (v88)
- Firefox (v84)
- Edge (v88)
- The most modern version of Safari 5.1.7
NOTE:Avoid using Internet Explorer which is not compatible with the event platform
3. For best interaction, use a microphone, a camera, and headphones
4. Download the latest version of Zoom
5. Familiarize yourself with the platform and review the Maximize Your Virtual Experience tab