she, her, hers
Alys Avalos-Rivera has worked as an English teacher educator, EAP instructor, and curriculum developer in Mexico, The United States, and Canada. As a teacher educator, she has conducted research on the development of foreign language teachers’ identity, focusing on novice in-service teachers. Her work at Vantage College has contributed to enhance her interest in the development of academic literacy among first-year undergraduate students. In her current research, she is exploring the application of functional grammar approaches to support the development of novice academic writers’ engagement of other voices into their texts, as they develop a voice of their own.
Sessions auxquelles Alys Avalos-Rivera assiste
- Training Pre-Service Teachers to Customize Digital Materials for Second Language Instruction: Exploring approaches to design and perceptions of customization (Mike Barcomb & Walcir Cardoso, Concordia University, Canada)
- 9:00 AM EDT - 9:30 AM EDT | 30 minutes Partie de: Session 1 (CALL) - Session Chair: Alena Barysevich
- Conférence plénière de Cynthia Eid : De l’innovation pédagogique à la transformation de la didactique des langues secondes : quels vecteurs d’apprentissage apprivoiser?
- 10:45 AM EDT - 12:00 PM EDT | 1 heure 15 minutes
- Informal English use in the written productions of end-of secondary level EFL students in Tunisia: The case of subtitled American movies and series. (Wiem Saidi, University of Montreal, Canada & Boutheina Lassadi, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of Tunis, Tunisia)
- 1:00 PM EDT - 1:30 PM EDT | 30 minutes Partie de: Session 2 (Writing) - Session Chair: Denis Liakin
- Developing linguistic strategies for source use among international undergraduate engineering students (Alys Avalos-Rivera, The University of British Columbia, Canada)
- 1:30 PM EDT - 2:00 PM EDT | 30 minutes Partie de: Session 2 (Writing) - Session Chair: Denis Liakin
- The contributions of the théorie de l’énonciation to the teaching of advanced writing in the second language classroom (Tracy Heranic, Concordia University, Canada & Borja Ruiz de Arbulo, Boston University, United States)
- 2:00 PM EDT - 2:30 PM EDT | 30 minutes Partie de: Session 2 (Writing) - Session Chair: Denis Liakin