Dr. Cleveland-Innes Martha
Dr. Martha Cleveland-Innes is Professor and Program Director, Master of Education Program, Athabasca University. She is the author of The Guide to Blended Learning and instructor, co-designer, and researcher for the open online course Blended Learning Practice. The 2nd edition of Introduction to Distance Education: Teaching and Learning in a New Era, which she co-edited, has just been released by Taylor & Francis for 2021. She has held major research grants supporting research on the technology-enabled student experience. In 2019 Martha received an Honorary Doctorate from Mid-Sweden University and the Leadership Award from the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education. Her research interests include 1) online and blended learning 2) communities of inquiry 3) higher education reform and 4) leadership in education. Martha is currently Visiting Professor of Pedagogy at Mid-Sweden University. For more information, see http://cde.athabascau.ca/faculty/martic.php.
Sessions in which Dr. Cleveland-Innes Martha participates
- From Distance Education to Blended Learning: Leading Pedagogical Change
- 2:15 PM - 3:15 PM | 1 hour
- Session Topic: Technology and Learning
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM | 1 hour
- Systematic Review of Online Learning Research from 2009 to 2018, Florence Martin, University of North Carolina Charlotte; Ting Sun, University of N...
- (E)motions in (e)Learning: A Community of Inquiry Practice Space
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM | 1 hour
Sessions in which Dr. Cleveland-Innes Martha attends
- Session Topic: Managing Projects and Change
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM | 1 hour
- JIRA - Agile Technology Which Manages Operations Other Than Teaching and Learning, Orzu Kamolova, Université de Montréal O...
- Closing Keynote: Education in Refugee Camps: Working with the Rohingya and Other Displaced Communities
- 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM | 1 hour 15 minutes
- Over one million Rohingya refugees are in camps in Bangladesh, forced to flee a brutal campaign of genocide. This presentation discusses how a Cana...