John Wayne Dela Cruz
John Wayne N. dela Cruz is PhD student in Educaitonal Studies - Langauge Acquisition in the Department of Integrated Studies in Education at McGill University. His research focuses plurilingualism, plurilingual education and language policy. Specifically, he is interested in investigating second langauge learners' plurilingual and pluricultural competence, identities, and practices, and how these dimensions of their plurilingualism are impacted by official mono or bilingual policies in their societal and educational contexts. John is also currently teaching ESL in a franchophone primary and secondary school, and he has taught English in several other capacities in other contexts in the past 5 years.
Sessions auxquelles John Wayne Dela Cruz assiste
- “Let's work together!”: The Effects of Peer Feedback on Pronunciation by Second Language Learners in Mobile-assisted Language Learning Context (Yuhui Huang, McGill University, Canada)
- 1:30 PM EDT - 2:00 PM EDT | 30 minutes Partie de: Session 2 (Effective practices) - Session Chair: Corinne Beauquis
- Yuhui Huang, McGill University, Canada Title:
- Integrating technology into the language classroom: Using Google Street View for L2 English teaching and learning (Vivian Lee, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, South Korea)
- 9:00 AM EDT - 9:30 AM EDT | 30 minutes Partie de: Session 4 (CALL) - Session Chair: Stephen Bodnar
- Vivian Lee, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, South Korea
- How ELT practice in low resourced contexts informs policy, training, and Applied Linguistics: Evidence from Cameroon (Eric Enongene Ekembe, ENS Yaounde, Cameroon)
- 10:00 AM EDT - 10:30 AM EDT | 30 minutes Partie de: Session 4 (Effective practices) - Session Chair: Gabriel Michaud
- Eric Enongene Ekembe, ENS Yaounde, Cameroon
- Plenary talk by Greg Kessler : Innovation and the future of language teaching and learning
- 10:45 AM EDT - 12:00 PM EDT | 1 heure 15 minutes
- Greg Kessler, Professor of Instructional Technology at the Patton College of Education, Ohio Univ...
- Atelier : Un futur multilingue ? Stratégies d’enseignement de L3+ dite « proche » et intercompréhension (Cedric Joseph Oliva & Alan Gomez, Bryant University, États-Unis)
- 1:00 PM EDT - 2:00 PM EDT | 1 heure
- Cedric Joseph Oliva & Alan Gomez, Bryant University, États-Unis ...
- Cultural encounters through reading literature in an English language class (Anna V. Sokolova G., Metropolitan Autonomous University, Mexico)
- 2:15 PM EDT - 2:45 PM EDT | 30 minutes Partie de: Session 5 (Culture/Intercultural) - Session Chair: Fabien Olivry
- Anna V. Sokolova G., Metropolitan Autonomous University, Mexico