Welcome to the 15th International Karl Polanyi conference Online Meeting Place.
Meet me in the Hallway and Meet me at the Institute, the conference networking activities are supported by the platform Wonder, an interactive platform that simulates the live experience of informal networking with your peers and speakers.
Before joining the Wonder Room
· Make sure that your video conferencing tools (ex: Zoom video/audio) are turned off.
· Connect with your desktop or laptop computer; mobile device and tablet are not supported.
· Connect with a stable internet connection: Chrome or Microsoft Edge are required.
*Wonder is not supported by the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Safari, nor Firefox.
**If you are having issues accessing Wonder room, try with another web browser or add www.wonder.me to your Browser Privacy & security site settings.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO JOIN
1. Go to the online schedule and click on the social space you wish to visit, Meet me in the Hallway or Meet me at the Institute.
2. Click on the “Join virtual session" button (it will appear when active).
3. Agree to the website terms.
4. Take a snapshot – smile, click on the button, and enter your name! This will become your avatar on Wonder for the duration of the conference.
4. Enter the Wonder room.
5. To explore the room, click on your avatar and hold down on your mouse/touchpad.
To join or start a conversation with others, move your avatar close to other participants’ avatars in the room. Please note that you must release your mouse/touchpad to stay in the conversation.
Once inside the room, you can...
· Check the participant list to find peers.
· Interact via video or text chat with individuals, groups, or everyone - you may chat privately, publicly, or within your group circle.
· Join or leave conversations by moving your cursor closer to a person or to different groups (by placing your avatar in the “circle”).
A Conference Assistant will be present in the room, should you have any questions.