Accelerated 1-yr MSc graduate student completing my thesis in Art-based Rehabilitation Therapy for improving sensoirmotor function post-stroke. This interdisciplinary research project combines my interests in rehabilitation science and neuroscience - I am thrilled to be able to share it with you all.
Sessions in which April Christiansen attends
- Acute Effects of Urolithin A on Mitochondrial Respiration in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells of ApoE-/- Mice
- Background: During atherosclerotic plaque development, vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC) undergo dedifferentiation, resulting in a synthetic, les...
- Cellular senescence is similar between regional adipose tissue depots in individuals with obesity and type 2 diabetes
- Background: Cellular senescence, cell growth cycle arrest, is a marker of cellular aging. Obesity is considered a disease of accelerated aging as i...
- Art-based Rehabilitation Therapy (ART) for Sensorimotor Recovery Post-stroke: A Pilot Study
- Post stroke, ~85 of survivors present with upper limb (UL) contralateral hemiparesis (Dobkin, 2003). There has been a sufficient amount of literatu...
- Body composition asymmetries in university ice hockey players and their implications for lower back pain and lower limb injury
- Introduction: Right to left asymmetries in body composition has been examined across many sports, suggesting possible implications for lower back p...