- Great passion for artificial intelligence, computer vision, machine learning and deep learning.
- About 20 related patents and papers in journals and conferences.
- Over 10 years of superior technical background in academic and industrial projects.
- Quick learner, excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
- Doctor of Signal and Information Processing 2015
- Master of Computer Application Technology 2010
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology 2007
- Open-Source Software: TensorFlow, OpenCV, Keras, YOLO
- Programming Language: Python(5+ years), SQL(10+ years), C#, MATLAB
- Operation System: Linux, Windows
- Cloud Computing Platform: Google Cloud Platform(3+ years)
- Database/Datawarehouse: SQL Server(10+ years), MySQL(10+ years), Redis
- Development Tools: Docker, GitHub
- Hardware Platform: Raspberry Pi, Microsoft Kinect Sensor, Intel RealSense Depth Camera, Leap Motion Controller
- Research Assistant 2020-present
- École de Technologie Supérieure, Montreal
- Project Topic: ibNav Project - Indoor Body Navigation
- Realized object detection using deep learning methods, such as YOLO, Tensorflow.
- Estimated the distance using only one RGB monocular.
- Realized object positioning based on estimating 3D real-world coordinates from 2D image coordinate system using only one RGB monocular
- Postdoctoral Fellow 2019-present
- Concordia University, Montreal
- Research Topic: Artificial Intelligence for Medical Image Analysis
- Used Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), Computer Vision (CV), digital image processing, and pattern recognition to process and analyze Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) images, to assist doctors in diagnosing DR diseases.
- Built an artificial intelligence system for doctors to analyze the DR images, to detect whether there are DR diseases, and grade the severity of DR.
- Employed Python and MySQL based on some open-source ML and DL platforms, such as TensorFlow, OpenCV, and improved famous architectures, such as CNN, RNN, R-CNN, FastR-CNN, Faster R-CNN, YOLO.
- University Lecturer 2015-2019
- Shandong Normal University, China
- Taught computer science-related courses, such as Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Image Processing, Object-Oriented Programming: Python, Data Structure.
- aught computer science-related courses, such as Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Image Processing, Object-Oriented Programming: Python, Data Structure
- Visiting Scholar 2017
- Concordia University, Montreal
- Conducted collaborative research on the project ”Mobile Product Recommendation system based on Deep Learning Technologies”.
- Analyzed product images viewed by consumers using CV, ML, DL, pattern recognition meth-ods and technologies to predict the consumers’ purchase intention.
- Data Scientist 2012-2013
- Beijing Blue I.T. Technologies Co., Ltd., Beijing, China
- Responsible for research and development of its data mining business.
- Tracked Internet users’ access logs, analyzed their attributes, behaviour characteristics, and preferences.
- Provided technical support for value-added services, such as information push and product recommendation of e-commerce site and dating site.
- Mitacs Globalink Early Career Fellowship (Canada) 2019 - 2020
- Excellent Instructor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Shandong Normal University) 2019
- IEEE IGARSS (International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium) Travel Award 2014
- PhD National Scholarship (Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications) 2010 - 2012
- Graduate National Scholarship (Shandong Normal University, China) 2007 - 2010
- Outstanding Student Leadership Award (Shandong Normal University, China) 2007 - 2010