Udemy is an on-demand learning subscription that all Concordia staff, students and faulty have access to. The on-demand learning resources of the Udemy platform offer a vast selection of non-academic courses ranging from IT operations, web development, leadership and management, marketing and project management and operations.
A sign up process is required to access links on the website. Here are the sign-up instructions on the Concordia website.
The Student Success Centre’s new skill development program for undergraduate students. FutureBound helps you develop the skills you need to successfully transition from university into the workplace. Here's a list curated Udemy courses that will enable the development of professional skills.
Concordia's Graduate & Professional Skills program offers professional development workshops and resources designed for graduate students.
Here's a list of suggestions curated by Human Resources which includes: Change management, Design thinking, Leadership Management, Process mapping, Project management, and Stress
The Instructional & Information Technology Services at Concordia has curated a Udemy path which includes: Ms excel - advanced topics, Ms Excel - Tips and Tricks, Microsoft 365 - Service Desk Overview, Your quick guide to Microsoft 365, An Introduction to using apps in Microsoft Teams, and A Beginner's guide to Mastering Microsoft Teams.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning has information about getting started with Udemy and creating learning paths.
Short Courses (less than 3 hours)
Udemy resources for each of the 12 dimensions of the Quebec Ministry of Education’s Digital Competency Framework. More information on the framework can be found here.
1. EXERCISING ETHICAL CITIZENSHIP IN THE DIGITAL AGE
- Intelligence Ethics Certification - 1 hour
- Talking to Your Employees About Stress at Work - 1.5 hours
2. DEVELOPING AND MOBILIZING TECHNOLOGICAL SKILLS
- Python for Beginners: Learn Python Programming (Python 3) - 2.5 hours
3. HARNESSING THE POTENTIAL OF DIGITAL RESOURCES FOR LEARNING
- Gamification & Behavioral Design: The Octalysis Framework - 3 hours
- How to tell a story with data - 1.5 hours
4. DEVELOPING AND MOBILIZING INFORMATION LITERACY
- Effective Academic Writing: Write Papers that Get Results - 2 hours
- Dan Rather on Journalism & Finding the Truth in the News - 4 hours
5. COLLABORATING VIA DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
- The ultimate real-life Office 365 productivity course - 3 hours
- Collaboration and Emotional Intelligence - 2.5 hours
- Taking the Pain Out of Collaboration: Tips & Best Practices - 0.5 hour
6. COMMUNICATING VIA DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
- Effective Email Communication: Enhancing Your Voice at Work - 0.5 hour
- Smart Tips: Leadership - 3 hours
- Powerful speaking - 1.5 hours
7. PRODUCING CONTENT VIA DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
8. USING DIGITAL TOOLS TO FOSTER INCLUSION AND ADDRESS DIVERSE NEEDS
- Introduction to UX Design for Accessibility and WCAG 2.0 - 1 hour
- Psychology of Diversity and Unconscious Bias - 2.5 hours
9. MOBILIZING DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY FOR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EMPOWERMENT
- Learning How to Learn From Video Courses - 2.5 hours
- Ask Better Questions - Build Better Relationships - 2.5 hours
10. SOLVING DIVERSE PROBLEMS VIA DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
- Design Thinking for Beginners: Develop Innovative Ideas - 2.5 hours
- UX Design & User Experience Design Course - Theory Only - 2.5 hours
- Design Thinking - Menez des projets innovants - 1 hour
11. DEVELOPING CRITICAL THINKING WITH REGARD TO THE USE OF DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
12. ADOPTING AN INNOVATIVE AND CREATIVE APPROACH TO THE USE OF DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
- Design Principles for Effective Dashboard Design - 1 hour
- Skyrocket Your Creativity and Get Better Ideas: 7 Easy Ways - 1 hour
If none of these resources is quite what you need, once you have signed-up for Udemy, you can login and browse the Udemy for business catalogue yourself.